Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material available on this site are owned by United Media Solution. Except as set out in these terms you may reproduce the material on this site free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
• Reproduce the material accurately;
• Do not use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context; and
• Acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
Unless we give you written permission you may not reproduce, adapt, copy, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, any trade mark appearing on this site, including any United Media Solution logos or trade marks that appear on this site.
This website may contain links to third party websites that are not under the control of United Media Solution. United Media Solution does not endorse, and is not responsible in any way for any information, content or material that is available on third party websites.
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand), and any other applicable privacy laws and regulations, when collecting, using or dealing with any of your personal information.
Like many organisations, we collect information about our users for the purposes of:
• Providing you with the services that we offer.
• Improving our digital platforms, marketing material and strategies, and to provide you with a better experience when you use our digital platforms and when we provide you our services.
• Giving you personalised user experience.
We collect information about you when you communicate with us, register an UMS account, visit or use this site or any other online platform, service, application, website or messaging service that we subscribe to or use (each being a Digital Platform).
If you register an UMS account or otherwise provide us with your personal information through any Digital Platform, we may collect personal information about you including your name, email address, date of birth, gender, nationality, country of residence, qualifications, company.
Where you have provided us with your consent, we may also collect personal information about you relating to your application.
We may also collect information relevant to our Digital Platforms, our marketing strategies and our services, including information on:
• IP addresses
• Search terms
• Pages accessed and links clicked
• Dates and times of visits
• The immediate previous site visited
• Operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
• Web browsers
• Internet activity, whether on this website or any other
Where we use the information solely for statistical purposes, all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable from the information.
Personal information collected through any Digital Platform or the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms on this website will be collected by United Media Solution and will be used for the purposes of:
• United Media Solution 's communications, and marketing and promotional information and materials about United Media Solution, its programmes and activities (subject to your consent to receiving such communications).
• Providing your personal information to United Media Solution to request and receive updates on the status of United Media Solution so that we can provide you a more personalised digital experience and undertake research and analytical studies associated with our functions.
• Contacting you with information relevant to you or your business plans including important service updates and industry trends.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of our Digital Platforms.
Third parties including Google Analytics use this non-personally identifiable information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and demographics. We may use this analysis to understand the key characteristics of visitors to any Digital Platform on an anonymous and aggregate level which assists us to improve and personalise your experience with United Media Solution. We also use the information provided by third parties including the Google Analytics Remarketing service to better target our online advertising including based on your previous visits to any Digital Platform, and to present you with relevant advertising on third party websites. United Media Solution may disclose the information collected by cookies, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to Google and third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
If you do not want the information to be collected by cookies there is a simple procedure in web browsers which allows you to manually disable the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. You may opt out of Google Analytics, DoubleClick advertising and third-party cookies. For more information on how we use Google advertising and Analytics please see here.
Munchkin automatically gathers the following information:
• Page Visits
• Link Clicks
• IP Address
• Our cookie ID
If you prefer that we do not place this cookie on your web browser you may opt out by clicking the Do Not Track (DNT) feature in your browser. This prevents tracking for your particular browser and device.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you choose to, you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time to remove all cookies and data stored in them. You can also adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do disable cookies you may find you are unable to access certain content or functionality on the website.
Here are instructions for disabling cookies in some common web browsers:
• Go to the Safari menu.
• Click on the Preferences.
• Click the ‘Security’ tab.
• Under ‘Accept Cookies’, set it to accept, reject, or selectively accept cookies.
• Click on ‘Tools’ in the menu bar
• Click on ‘Options…’
• Click on ‘Privacy’ Tab in the top section
• From the drop down box select ‘Use custom setting for history’
• Un-tick the box that says ‘Accept Cookies From Sites’
• Click OK and Close the screen.
• In Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings.
• Select View advanced settings.
• Under Privacy and services > Cookies, choose the right option for you:
• Block all cookies doesn’t let any website save cookies to your computer.
• Block only third party cookies allows cookies from the website you’re on, but blocks cookies from external web services, like from ads embedded on webpages you visit.
• Click on ‘Tools’ in the menu bar
• Click on ‘Options’
• Click on ‘Privacy’ Tab on top section
• Click on the ‘Advanced” button
• Select ‘Prompt’ for both ‘First party cookies’ and ‘Third Party Cookies’
• Click OK and Close the screen.
• Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
• Select Settings.
• Click Show advanced settings.
• In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
• In the “Cookies” section, you can change to your preferred setting.
We may share information that we collect about you in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in these terms, with the following third parties:
• Our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to this website or any service that we have agreed to provide you including NetValue, SpeakData, OMD, Voyage, United Media Solution and Hotcourses. For example, we may share information about you with a service provider that we have engaged to provide technology services or customer support services. These service providers may be located in countries outside New Zealand, but will be required to protect your personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under New Zealand privacy law.
• Any other organisation or person that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
We may disclose information about you if, and to the extent that, we are required to do so by law, or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose information about you.
Your personal information will be stored in servers owned by United Media Solution or its service providers, which may include those in countries other than New Zealand.
We have in place reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. However, given the nature of the internet, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached.
By registering an UMS account, submitting information to United Media Solution (including through the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms or by completing or submitting an enquiry form) or by using, or communicating with us through, any other Digital Platform you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as described above.
If you have provided your child or dependent’s personal information to us, you confirm that you are authorised to do so.
If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, you will not be able to register an UMS account, United Media Solution will not accept your form or enquiry, and your information will not be processed or referred on to United Media Solution’s agents and institutions.
You have the right to view, change, delete and withdraw your consent to the collection or use of any personal information United Media Solution holds about you at any time. For clarity, where you have provided your consent to the sharing of information between United Media Solution and any agent or institution, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us (at the contact details below) or the relevant agent or institution. You may request access to and correction of your personal information held by YMS by contacting Jessica Miao on email@example.com .
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act, or other applicable law for us not to comply with your request, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful to do so) and advise you of the mechanisms available to you to complain about our response.
For more information about your rights or to make a complaint about our privacy practices, you may contact either the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (New Zealand) or your local supervisory authority.
In case of any discrepancy between a translated version of this policy and an English language version of this policy, the English language version will prevail.
United Media Solution may, from time to time, amend this policy as United Media Solution deems necessary. Any modifications to this policy will be notified to you by a pop-up box when you enter, and United Media Solution posting an updated version on, this site, provided, however, that United Media Solution will seek your consent to any amendments which require consent under applicable laws and regulations.
You can choose to create an UMS Account to collate and store information.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information that may be used to access your UMS Account, including your password.
United Media Solution reserves the right at its discretion to suspend, modify or terminate access to your UMS Account at any time with or without notice to you.
Any information that you rely on through use of an UMS Account is entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance of the information available on or accessed through your UMS Account.
UMS Accounts are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. United Media Solution does not warrant that UMS Accounts will be free from errors, timely or secure.